Just Stuff From Marsh

A little of this a little of that..lots of photographs I hope you enjoy them..

Saturday, May 13, 2006

The State Capitol Hartford Connecticut

Let me tell you what I like about this photo. This is the State Capitol building, of our state Connecticut, and to me it exemplifies just what a state capitol building should look like. Its impressive, and when you drive up the drive way you know this is part of historic Connecticut.. The people driving up I-84 can see it, also when coming into Hartford on the train there it is welcoming you....Constructed of New England marble and granite and crowned by a gold leaf dome, the Capitol was built at a cost of $2,532,524.43 and has an estimated replacement value of more than $200,000,000.Here is the URL to find out more. http://www.ct.gov/
..

Posted by Marsh